App State offers two options for posting content:
- University-wide content: messages of interest to the campus community
- Area-specific content: messages specific to the department/user’s designated area(s)
Content should promote university activities, events and educational opportunities in a time-sensitive manner. Material should be informative and of interest to students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The following types of messages are appropriate for university digital signs:
- Campus news and events
- Event information for activities to be held off campus, but hosted or sponsored by a campus area or official club/organization
- Event information for activities to be held on campus, but hosted or sponsored by an unaffiliated approved organization
- Results of academic competitions (congratulatory listing of winners)
- Faculty and staff honors and accolades
- Upcoming deadline information for nominations, scholarship applications, event reservations, etc., for approved programs
- Information on programs, courses, or services available to students or employees
- Welcoming statements for special guests or groups visiting campus
- Wayfinding or directional information
- College, departmental, or building directories
- Health and wellness information
Review the Create a Slide guidelines for additional details.
Secure rights and permissions before using copyrighted materials, including but not limited to: music, art, copyrighted photographs or texts, portions of copyrighted video, or information considered proprietary by a university partner, vendor, affiliate or contractor. Respect copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws.
Digital signage users acting on behalf of the University must adhere to all applicable policies and procedures, including:
These guidelines are intended to assist campus digital signage users to effectively and properly portray, promote, and protect the institution. These guidelines apply to digital signs that are funded by, produced on behalf of, directly associated with, or officially representative of the university, its programs, services, alumni chapters, and/or employees.
The university reserves the right to remove any content for any lawful reason, including, but not limited to, content that is out of compliance with these guidelines. The request for removal of such material may arrive at the direction of a Department Chair, Dean, Vice Chancellor, or the Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Communications Officer.